Most of us use bath salts as a way to enhance a relaxing soak in the tub, but bath
salts are believed to provide several health benefits for people with:
- muscle pain and stiffness
- stiff, aching joints
- circulation problems
- anxiety and stress
- skin conditions, such as eczema
- dry and itchy skin
In the shower
You can still use bath salts and enjoy some of the benefits they provide even if
you don’t have a bathtub. To do this, you simply create a shower scrub:
- Use 1 cup of sea salt or Epsom salt, 1/3 cup of almond oil, olive oil, or coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil.
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl, creating a thick paste.
- Apply some of the scrub to your body using your hands.
Be sure to use a bowl or container with an airtight lid to store your remaining
You can add 12 drops of your favorite essential oil to your body scrub to
enjoysome of the additional benefits listed above. Bath salt scrubs are also great
for exfoliating the skin.
Bath salts are relaxing and provide a
number of cosmetic and health benefits.
Though generally safe for most when used
properly, you should talk to your
doctor before using bath salts if you have
medical conditions such as heart disease or